Monday, October 23, 2006

 
The computer is fascinating and kept me free of boredom and busy the whole day. As soon as I was ready in the morning, my walker took me straight there. E-mail was my first preference. Then came the games. Google Earth was a big attraction. I could not enjoy google talk much because I am a little deaf and my right eye is not too good.
My favourite game was Free Cell. But then came Sudoko. I felt very happy after completing a VERY EASY game. Completing an EASY game was also an achievement. Whenever it got too hard I went back to the easier games to get the satisfaction of achievement. Chess also I enjoyed, but the computer was always smarter!
But I was foolish in not using a proper chair. As time passed, I did not realise that my spine was unhappy at my position on a very uncomfortable chair. One day there was an open protest by my spine, in a slight backache. But I still went back to my beloved computer. By evening it was worse and the next day I couldn't get up from my bed. The net result is now I am on complete bedrest!
Beware all approaching their 90th year, of their computers (overdoing it)

Comments:
Chandy Ammachi
I like your spirit and your enthu. Keep it up but don't strain yourself. Get well sooooon.
Then when your spine has had its recuperation, do write about those good old days- about your school days, college days, marriage etc. We are all curious to know how it was, back then.
May God give you good health!
 
Hey Mummy, nice to see a post up again!
 
Hi Chandy, Like you, I used to spend a lot of time playing free cell and other games. Now I mostly play Spider Solitaire, and Ultimate Mahjongg. I do a lot of the Sudoku puzzles in bed at night when I can`t sleep. The small books are so much easier to handle in bed than the larger crossword puzzle books. I read on a medical site that the Sudoku puzzles are good for keeping your mind more alert and your memory sharper.
Sorry to hear you are having back pain. I am only 75 yrs old, and I hope I can do as well as you do if I reach your age. You are a good inspiration for me to keep doing things.
Looking forward to reading more of your wonderful life stories.
All the very best to you.
 
Hi Chandy,
It`s been a while since you posted. I was worrying that your back might be still giving you pain. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Take care andwhen you are feeling better i hope you will write some more stories about your growing up days in India.
All the best to you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?