Friday, March 02, 2007

 
These were the last two pictures my mother intended to put up on the blog--or which I had asked her to write about.
This first one is of my grandfather--her father.

It's one of the early color pictures (he died in 1979). She has written a great deal about him earlier in this blog. He was a big influence in the life of his children and us grandchildren.
The other picture is also of her father. This is a contraption he rigged up when he found he could no longer stand on his head! He said that as one got older and circulation got slower, less blood supply to the brain was what caused most old age problems. So this was his solution; this way he got the benefits of a headstand much easier.

Comments:
Only yesterday I came to know about RC's blogs from her son G who lives in S. CA. G and I have been friends now for over 35 years. It was fascinating for me to read all the entries in the blogs. I am very sorry that I did not personally know RC while she was alive. I am quite sure that RC would be the only 89+ year old from Kerala (and perhaps from all of India as well) who wrote a blog on the computer! RC is no longer with us, but I am happy that she has left a wonderful legacy not only among her children and grandchildren, but also among a whole bunch of other people. I am sure that she will be smiling down on each one of you, her loved ones and her prayers will be protecting all of you. May her soul rest in peace.
 
Cool pics. Your Grandpa must have been a genius to come up with such ideas! Do post more pics of your mom on this blog that she created
 
Thanks for showing us the pictures and telling us a little about them. I am sure your mom would be happy knowing you posted the pictures that she wanted posted.
I agree with geets, your grandfather was an intelligent person.
My heart goes out to you and to the other family members. losing a Mom is so hard. Sending you a Hug .
 
Hi thanks for the pics and the sad update..I had the same experience .of having to close the email addr. of my uncle who was 80 yrs old and passed away last year...this blog is an important historical look back at the time. God be with you in your time of sorrow!
displaced_mallu(27yr old male in US)
 
Thanks all for all the comments. I only just looked at my mum's blog today after a long while.
her daughter
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?