Friday, May 04, 2007

 
I've been thinking about my mother alot. Firstly there was my father's first death anniversary on May 2nd. Then recently I came across videos on YouTube of some of her favourite, songs/singers, like Nat King Cole singing 'Ramblin' Rose', Joan Baez singing, and a recording of a 30s song 'Long way to Tipperary' which I know because she sang it. She particularly liked the song 'Ramblin' Rose' as sung by Nat King Cole and later, during the 60s she got to hear Joan Baez and Simon and Garfunkel through us and loved their music. Then, today when I came across a short video clip from the ballet of 'Giselle' (she loved ballet), I felt really sad that I had not been able to find these things for her before she died. She would have so enjoyed them.

Comments:
I came across your mother's blog - and yours - only after she passed away. I come here once in a way and read the old posts.

She must have been an extremely interesting person. And the closeness you shared with her comes through so clearly especially in these posts you have written after she passed away.

It is hard to lose the people you love, but such a blessing to have known them in the first place.
 
I also loved hearing Nat King Cole singing Rambling Rose. A great singer and a great song.
Like you, this is a sad month for me as it was not just Mother`s Day, but my mother was born on May 14th and Died on May 10th., 1995 My Dad passed away in January 1975.
My heart goes out to you and hope you thought up loads of happy memories of both your wonderful Mom and Dad to ease the pain and lonliness you must feel right now. Thinking of your Mom and missing her. Even though I was never lucky enough to have met her in person, she was still a special friend..
 
Just a note to say I still think of your mother and what a wonderful lady she was.
She is missed.
God Bless all her Fasmily.
 
Chandy,you will never be forgotten.
God bless and care for you. You are missed my eternal friend. Tears flow when I think of you and remember what a wonderful person you were.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?